This sauce is so awesome it deserves its own post! The sauce first got the Awesome Avocado Chimichurri Sauce name when I first made it to top steak tacos last summer. I made it again, and featured it in this Awesome Avocado Steak Tacos recipe. That was very popular on the web as well as in our home!
This awesome avocado sauce is also tasty with pork and served in a vegetarian bean taco. Tomorrow it tops off another tasty recipe…stay tuned! I figured it this ought to have its own post for folks looking for a tasty sauce, and for me to reference when I use it in other recipes. Give it a try, and let me know how you used it!
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 scallion, minced
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Champagne vinegar (white wine vinegar is OK)
- 1 ½ tsp cumin
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp minced jalapeno pepper
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 avocados, diced close to serving time
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Combine in a bowl the minced garlic, scallion, olive oil, vinegar, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt and jalapeno. Set aside to finish close to serving time.
- When you are just about ready to serve the meal, finish the avocado sauce by dicing the avocado and adding it to the sauce along with the parsley and lime juice. Stir it up and serve with your tacos or other dish that calls for some awesome flavor!