Quick No-Cook Chipotle Sauce is a great way to add flavor to cooked chicken or pork. This chipotle sauce also adds great flavors to tacos. We originally published this No-Cook Chipotle Sauce in 2013, and updated it recently when we made it again.
I love the chipotle taste, but these flavorful peppers tend to be used in small doses. I often find myself buying a can of the chipotles in adobo sauce, and only needing a small amount for the original recipe. So I was eager to find another use for what I had on hand this week, and hit upon this quick and easy No-Cook Chipotle Sauce. Just a few minutes to whip it up, and it was very tasty served over plain baked chicken breasts. The next night I added some to a refried bean burrito and that was good, too. This is a handy one to have in your repertoire if you are a chipotle fan.
Simply place all these items in a food processor, puree, and voila! You’ve got a tasty sauce that’s a nice flavor boost to your meal. The first time I made this no-cook chipotle sauce, I served it over baked chicken with a tortilla and a side of greens.
When I made this chipotle sauce again recently, I served the sauce over some Juicy Grilled Chicken Breasts, and that was delicious. I also used this no-cook chipotle sauce as a marinade for Grilled Chipotle Pork Chops with very good results. If you find another way to use our no-cook chipotle sauce, I’d love to hear about it!Print
No-Cook Chipotle Sauce for Chicken
A quick no-cook chipotle sauce that makes a great sauce for chicken and pork. Also add great flavor to tacos.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce plus 1 tsp of the adobo sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- Add the the tomatoes, chipotle and adobo sauce, 1 tsp cumin, cinnamon and garlic clove to a food processor.
- Whir to puree the ingredients together. Your sauce is ready to use now. Scoop over cooked chicken or other meat, or perhaps add it to a taco.
- Store any you don’t use immediately in an airtight containing in the refrigerator. It will keep one to two weeks.