Spicy Green Onion Dip
Spicy Green Onion Dip is simple to whip up for your next gathering, and is sure to please those that like a little spice!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 10 servings
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
- 16 ozs sour cream — low fat recommended
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup green onions (also known as scallion), finely chopped
- tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ½ tsp cumin
- ⅓ tsp cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- chips and/or raw vegetables for serving.
- Combine all the ingredients from sour cream through cumin in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the cayenne, making sure that it is thoroughly combined and spread throughout the dip. If you want to moderate the spice level, you could start by adding 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne and tasting the spice levels, then add a bit more if you want to kick up the spice.
- Serve the dip with potato chips for dipping, and make sure people have a drink ready when they start eating it!
- I recommend low fat sour cream to keep the calories down a bit. The flavor really comes from the garlic and spices, so I really don’t notice the difference using low fat sour cream.
- You can skip the cilantro if you don’t have it handy. I’ve made it without it a number of times, but if you like cilantro it is a nice addition. Adds some bright flavors to the dish.
- I usually serve the dish with potato chips but you could use raw veggies for a healthier options.
- Nutrition info is for the dip alone, doesn’t include the chips.
Keywords: appetizers, dips, green onion dip, spicy apps