This Smokehouse Brussels Sprouts with Shrimp post is sponsored by Nourish Bowls in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Now that the holidays have passed and we are back into our routines, we could use some help sticking to our healthy eating goals. Meal solutions that are quick, tasty and healthy need to be at our fingertips. Mann’s Nourish Bowls are a great option to add to your busy schedule!
Mann’s Nourish Bowls contain veggies, a grain and tasty sauce, and can be quickly heated for an easy lunch or dinner. You could certainly make a great meal with just the content of one of the Mann’s Nourish Bowls; but you can also enhance the Bowls with the addition of a protein. After eagerly considering the options, I decided to make Smokehouse Brussels Sprouts with Shrimp.
Making Smokehouse Brussels Sprouts with Shrimp
The Mann’s Smokehouse Brussels Bowl is one of five tasty flavors available. Visit their website to check out all the options and the ingredients in each offering.
All of the Mann’s Nourish Bowls come in single serving containers, with fresh vegetables. Be sure to refrigerate them after you purchase to keep them fresh until you are ready to enjoy!
The Smokehouse Brussels Bowl contains finely shredded Brussels Sprouts, kale and kohlabri. The veggies come along with two packets, one with sauce and one with brown rice. To prepare the Smokehouse Brussels, simply open the packets with scissors and empty them into the bowl. It takes just three minutes in the microwave to be ready, so I got Smokehouse Brussels ready to pop into the microwave, then prepped to cook the shrimp.
I made a simple sauce for shrimp that I thought would complement the Smokehouse Brussels. I included a bit of brown sugar to pick up on an ingredient I noticed in the sauce that comes with the Bowl. Rinse some peeled and deveined shrimp (I buy them that way to keep with the easy theme!) and toss them with the sauce. The shrimp take about 3 minutes per side to cook, so get the shrimp cooking first. Once the shrimp are starting to sizzle, start heating the Smokehouse Brussels.
When the Smokehouse Brussels are done, toss the ingredients to combine the flavors. You can serve it right from the Bowl, or plate the veggies and rice as I did.
Once I had the veggies plated, the shrimp were ready to serve over the veggies and rice. I eagerly dug into the meal, and was struck by how delicious this easy supper tastes!
The Mann’s Nourish Bowls come as single servings, perfect for taking for lunch or heating individually when the family has different dinner schedules.
The instructions in our recipe card are for one serving of Smokehouse Brussels Sprouts with Shrimp. Simply double the shrimp quantity and related ingredients for two people.
Jodi prefers chicken to shrimp, so she had the Smokehouse Brussels with some chicken, and that worked nicely. A good example of how the Mann’s Nourish Bowls can be the starting point for an easy made to order meal!
Wine pairing for Smokehouse Brussels Sprouts with Shrimp
Of course, if you are taking a Nourish Bowl with you to the office for a great healthy lunch solution, you will probably want to skip the wine pairing. But if you are ready to relax at the end of the day by pairing a glass of wine with your Smokehouse Brussels with Shrimp, we have done some research for you! We poured a crisp California Sauvignon Blanc, and that wine accentuated the smokiness in the Smokehouse Brussels perfects! I would just stay away from a Sauv Blanc that has too much of that grapefruit going on, as that is not likely to play nicely with the Brussels sprouts. Any number of crisp Italian white wines would be great with this dish, too.Print
Smokehouse Brussels Sprouts with Shrimp
Delicious Smokehouse Brussels Sprouts are easy to prepare with Mann’s Nourish Bowls. The addition of sautéed shrimp adds protein to round out the meal.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American
- 1 Smokehouse Brussels Nourish Bowl from Mann’s
- 6 shrimp, peeled and deveined (buying them that way makes things easier!)
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Prepare the shrimp marinade: combine the soy sauce, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and brown sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Rinse and pat dry the shrimp. Add the shrimp to the shrimp marinade, and stir to coat the shrimp with the marinade. Let sit for a couple minutes as the pan heats up.
- Heat the canola oil on medium high heat in a nonstick skillet. When the skillet is hot, add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for 3 minutes on one side, turning occasionally. Turn the shrimp over, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until they are cooked through.
- While the shrimp cook, heat the Smokehouse Brussels Nourish Bowl. Cut open the small packets of rice and sauce, and empty the contents into the Bowl with the veggies.
- Cover the Bowl with a paper towel, and place it in a microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Stir the heated Nourish Bowl, and plate the contents of the Bowl. Serve the shrimp over the veggies and grain mixture, and enjoy your easy and healthy meal!
Sunday Supper Shares Ideas for Mann’s Nourish Bowls
- Cooking for One with Mann’s Nourish Bowls by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Easiest Southwest Chipotle Tacos by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Easy Curry Cauliflower Rice Bowl with Egg by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Gluten Free Family Dinner with Nourish Bowls by Cricket’s Confections
- Healthy Dinner Solutions for the Late-Shift by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Eating on the Go by Wholistic Woman
- How to Eat Like a Foodie and Stay Healthy by Go Epicurista
- How to Eat Well When You Don’t Feel Up To It by Monica’s Table
- How to Fit Veggies into a Jam-Packed Week with Nourish Bowls by Casa de Crews
- How To Prepare Fresh Healthy Meals In A Snap by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Keeping Fit with a Pesky Sweet Tooth by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monterey Risotto Enchiladas by Moore or Less Cooking
- Nourishing a Healthy Soul by Family Foodie
- Olive Oil-Poached Salmon Over Cauli-Rice Curry by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sesame Sriracha Bowl with Kimchi Tofu by kimchi MOM
- Smokehouse Brussels Sprouts with Shrimp by Cooking Chat
- Smokehouse Steak Quiche by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Southwest Chipotle Tuna Bowls with Pico De Gallo by Simple and Savory
- Southwest Chipotle Grilled Chicken Bowl by The Chef Next Door
- Southwest Chipotle Pulled Pork Naan Bread Pizza by The Freshman Cook