This post invites bloggers to share their creative wine pairings for Thanksgiving as part of the 11/14/15 #winePW event.
Thanksgiving is such a big food holiday, which naturally brings us to think about wine for the day, too. There’s a lot of variety on the typical Thanksgiving table, which can be a bit overwhelming when thinking about wine pairings. One option is to fall back into a comfortable choice, which for me often means Pinot Noir for Thanksgiving.
Comfortable can be OK, but for the November Wine Pairing Weekend event, we’d like to help you expanding your wine pairing horizons. Our theme for the month is “Creative Wine Pairings for Thanksgiving“, and we invite any blogger interested in the topic to share a post. The goal is to try a wine that might be different than what you usually would serve on Thanksgiving, and let us know how it works out. You can also bring the creativity forth by sharing a recipe that is not commonly on the Thanksgiving table, at least not yours. The overall idea is to give readers some new ideas to bring some creativity to their Thanskgiving feast.
If you’re new to #winePW, every month we focus on a different food and wine pairing theme. The event, held the 2nd Saturday of each month, includes sharing blog posts and a live Twitter chat at 11 a.m. Eastern Time. Based on this schedule, that makes this Wine Pairing Weekend event Saturday, November 14, 2015. For a list of past and upcoming #winePW event, visit the Wine Pairing Weekend calendar here.
How to join us:
- Send an email to tell me you’re in: Include your blog url, Twitter handle, link to your Pinterest profile, and any other social media detail. If you know your blog post title now, include that…but you can send me that a bit closer to the event, I’d like to get a sense of who’s participating and give some shoutouts and links as we go. The email is davidbcrowley AT gmail.com.
- Prepare some Thanksgiving food and serve it with a creative wine pairing. As food and wine bloggers, we’re always getting a head start for the holidays! One idea, if you don’t want to do the full turkey dinner, you could focus on a wine pairing for an interesting side dish.
- Send your post title to me by Tuesday, November 10 to be included in the preview post. I will do a preview post shortly after getting the titles, linking to your blogs. Your title should include “#winePW”. If you want to get involved after Tuesday June 10, just drop me an email letting me know you plan to post so I can add you to the link list.
- Publish your post between 12:01 a.m-8:00 a.m. EDT on Saturday, November 14, 2015.
- Include a link to the other #winePW participants in your post, and a description of what the event is about. I’ll provide the html code you can easily put in your initial post–which will link to people’s general blog url–then updated code for the permanent links to everyone’s #winePW posts.
- Get social! After the posts go live, please visit your fellow bloggers posts’ to comment and share on social media. We have a Facebook group for participating bloggers to connect and share, too.
- Sponsored posts OK if clearly disclosed. Please be sure to disclose if your post is sponsored or if you are describing wine or other products for which you have received a free sample.
Any questions, leave a comment or drop me an email. Hope to have you join us!