Last Updated on
Not all New Year’s resolutions need to be tough. How about making a resolution to trying some new wine in 2017? You can do this!
Sampling “New Wine for the New Year” is the January theme for the Wine Pairing Weekend group (#winePW). Participating bloggers are asked to try some new wine, and serve that wine along with tasty food pairings. The food doesn’t have to be new as well, but that would be a nice bonus! Participants will then share blog posts about the new wine and food pairings that went with it for the #winePW event on Saturday, January 14, 2017.
What do we mean by “new wine”? Simply looking for wine that is new to you, whether that be a wine region you haven’t explored, or maybe it is a new grape varietal. Or maybe it’s a type of wine you haven’t tried much. You get to figure what trying new wine means to you. I’ve got a couple options in my cellar that would qualify! Stay tuned to see what I pick.
If you’re new to #winePW, every month we focus on a different food and wine pairing theme. The event, held the 2nd Saturday of each month, includes sharing blog posts and a live Twitter chat at 11 a.m. Eastern Time. Based on this schedule, that makes this Wine Pairing Weekend event Saturday, January 14, 2017. For a list of past and upcoming #winePW event, visit the Wine Pairing Weekend calendar here.
Anyone interested in trying some new wine for the new year can join the fun. If you aren’t a blogger but simply want to try some new wine and chat about it, you can do so by joining the Twitter Chat.
How to join us:
- Send an email to tell me you’re in: Include your blog url, Twitter handle, link to your Pinterest profile, and any other social media detail. If you know your blog post title now, include that…but you can send me that a bit closer to the event, I’d like to get a sense of who’s participating and give some shoutouts and links as we go. The email is davidbcrowley AT gmail.com.
- Try some new wine and serve it with a food pairing. Maybe it’s a grape varietal you haven’t tried, or a country or region that you would like to explore. You get to define what “new” means to you.
- Send your post title to me by Tuesday, January 10 to be included in the preview post. I will do a preview post shortly after getting the titles, linking to your blogs. Your title should include “#winePW”. If you want to get involved after Tuesday June 10, just drop me an email letting me know you plan to post so I can add you to the link list.
- Publish your post between 12:01 a.m-8:00 a.m. EDT on Saturday, January 14, 2017.
- Include a link to the other #winePW participants in your post, and a description of what the event is about. I’ll provide the html code you can easily put in your initial post–which will link to people’s general blog url–then updated code for the permanent links to everyone’s #winePW posts.
- Get social! After the posts go live, please visit your fellow bloggers posts’ to comment and share on social media. We have a Facebook group for participating bloggers to connect and share, too.
- Sponsored posts OK if clearly disclosed. Please be sure to disclose if your post is sponsored or if you are describing wine or other products for which you have received a free sample.
Any questions, leave a comment or drop me an email. Hope to have you join us!