Pumpkin Chickpea Curry with Kale
Pumpkin puree simmers with curry spices, chickpeas and kale for a healthy and flavorful meal.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Indian
- 1 tbsp canola oil (or other vegetable oil)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into a small dice
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped (optional)
- 3 cups kale, stems removed, slice the remaining leaves
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onions and carrots, cook until they begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another two minutes.
- Add the curry powder, ginger and cinnamon, stir to combine. Cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, chickpeas and pumpkin puree. Add the potatoes, kale and cauliflower if using. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer covered, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are soft. This will take about 25 to 30 minutes. When the potatoes and other vegetables are tender, you are ready to eat.
- Scoop out a serving of the curry, and serve over couscous or rice. Enjoy!
Keywords: curry, pumpkin recipes, fall recipes, chickpeas