Tuscan Arugula Salad
Arugula salad recipe inspired by the flavors of Tuscany. The peppery green gets tossed with radicchio, cheese and a tasty dressing.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: tossing vegetables
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 to 3 ozs baby arugula
- 1/2 cup or so chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup or so radicchio, chopped into thin slivers
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted (almond slices would work well, too)
- generous sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- Make the dressing: whisk the olive oil, vinegar and mustard together in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
- Rinse the arugula and dry well, using a salad spinner if you have one. Place the greens in a large salad bowl.
- Top the arugula with the chopped peppers and radicchio, and sprinkle a bit of cheese on top.
- Add your salad dressing to the salad, toss well to get the salad well coated. This proportion is enough to cover the leaves and add good flavor without making it overly saturated.
- After tossing with the dressing, sprinkle the pumpkin seeds and a bit more cheese on top of the salad. You are ready to serve and enjoy!
- We use pumpkin seeds on top as we don’t use nuts in our house. You could use toasted almond slices instead if you like.
Keywords: arugula salad, arugula recipes, Tuscan recipes