Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Pasta
Roasted asparagus and mushrooms tossed with pasta, cheese and lemon juice for a satisfying vegetarian pasta dish.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 8 ozs mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried tarragon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ozs pasta — we like fettuccine or ziti
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese plus extra for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prep the asparagus: remove the coarse woody stock, typically about the bottom half of the asparagus spear. Chop the remaining tip portions into 2 inch pieces. Add to a roasting pan.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan, then toss the mushrooms and asparagus with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add the garlic powder, tarragon, salt and pepper to the asparagus mushrooms mixture. Stir to combine.
- Roast the asparagus and mushrooms for 25 to 30 minutes, until the asparagus is tender and begins to brown.
- Cook the pasta: Meanwhile, boil a pot of water for the pasta. Cook according to package instructions, timing it so that the asparagus is done a bit before the pasta.
- Drain the pasta Toss the pasta with the asparagus mushroom mixture and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir in the cheese and lemon juice, and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
- Type of pasta: we originally made this with fettuccine, and that works nicely. Ziti is also a great choice- the tubular pasta is a similar length to the pieces of asparagus.
- Roasting time will vary a bit based on the thickness of the asparagus. We used asparagus that were medium thickness and that took 25 to 30 minutes. Drop the time by 5 minutes if your asparagus is very thin, and add 5 minutes if it is quite thick.
Keywords: asparagus, fettuccine, asparagus and pasta, roasted asparagus