Easy Olive and Avocado Chicken
Baked chicken breast fillets topped with olives and and avocado for an easy and healthy weeknight meal.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried basil
- pinch salt
- 2 chicken breast fillets, approximately 1 lb total
- 1 ripe avocado
- 8 olives, sliced
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the marinade for chicken: combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic powder, dried basil and pinch salt in a medium bowl.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken breast fillets. Place the chicken in the bowl with olive oil and herbs, toss gently to combine. Let the chicken set at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken to a roasting pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, checking for doneness at 20 minutes. The chicken should be cooked through and 165 degrees Fahrenheit when done. Remove the chicken when done and set on a serving platter.
- As the chicken bakes, peel the avocado, then cut it into bite sized pieces. Place the sliced avocado in a bowl along with the olives, parsley and remaining tablespoon olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss the avocado with the other ingredients to combine.
- Cut a portion of chicken and plate, topped with the olive and avocado mixture. Enjoy!
Keywords: easy chicken recipes, avocado chicken, chicken with avocado and olives