Cilantro Pesto Pork Chops
Cilantro Pesto Pork Chops recipe features pork quickly roasted just right topped by a zesty sauce. Easy to make for a weeknight meal.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 16 mins
- Total Time: 26 mins
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: American
- 3 pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- pinch red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Make a rub for the pork chops by combining the cumin, salt, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Spread the rub over both sides of the pork chops. Set aside for while you make the pesto.
- Place the garlic cloves in a food processor. Whir to mince the garlic.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, red pepper flakes and olive oil to the food processor. Puree to combine. Set the cilantro pesto aside while you cook the pork.
- Coat an oven proof skillet with oil spray, and place on the stovetop, medium high heat.
- When the skillet is hot, add the pork chops, and sear for 1 minute. Flip the pork chops to the other side, sear for another minute.
- Move the pork to the oven after searing on both sides. Roast at 400 degrees for approximately 14 minutes. Cooking times vary based on oven and thickness of the meat. Take care not to overcook the pork.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, and place the chops on a platter to rest. After a couple minutes of resting, plate the chops, topped with a generous dollop of cilantro pesto. Enjoy!
Keywords: pork chops, cilantro pesto, pork with pesto