Cranberry Jalapeño Dip
A festive appetizer recipe featuring fresh cranberries, combining savory and sweet flavors. Serve for Thanksgiving, game day or any time you are looking for a good snack.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: food processor
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 8 ozs cream cheese, taken out of fridge to soften before starting
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 scallions (green onions) coarsely chopped
- 12 ozs fresh cranberries, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3 tbsp chopped jalapeño pepper (1 large)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider
- pinch of salt
- pita chips or crackers for serving
- Soften the cheese: Take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator 20 to 30 minutes for making the tip in order to soften.
- Chop garlic: Add the garlic cloves and scallions to the food processor. Pulse to coarsely chop.
- Add cranberries: Pour the rinse cranberries into the food process, and pulse to coarsely chop.
- Add jalapeño, sugar, lemon juice, cumin, salt and apple cider to the food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Spread the cream cheese evenly across the bottom of a baking dish or wide bowl. Spread the cranberry mixture even on top of the cream cheese, and serve along with pita chips or crackers. Enjoy!
- Use the seeds and pith of the jalapeño pepper for a spicier dip; discard them for a milder dip. We used about half of them for a medium level spice.
- You could use cilantro instead of parsley if you like.
Keywords: fresh cranberry recipes, cranberry dip, spicy cranberry dip, Thanksgiving appetizers