Smoky Maple Greens and Cabbage Salad
Mixed greens and cabbage tossed with a delicious smoky maple dressing.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 tbsp regular maple syrup
- 1 tbsp smoked maple syrup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 sage leaf, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup red cabbage, cut in thin slices – you could also use green cabbage instead if you like
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- ½ red or yellow bell pepper
- 2 tbsp feta cheese
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Make the dressing: combine both types of maple syrup and the olive oil in the bowl. Add the cider vinegar, then whisk in the mustard. Add the sage, salt and pepper to taste. Stir again, and set the dressing aside.
- Place the salad greens in a large salad bowl. Add the cabbage.
- Add the bell pepper to the salad, followed by the feta.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the dressing all around the salad, then use salad tongs to toss well, and have the dressing thoroughly distributed and coating all the greens. You can add a bit more of the dressing if needed, or offer it at the table for people to take more for themselves.
- Plate the salad, and top each serving with a sprinkling of the pumpkin seeds.
Keywords: salad with red cabbage,