Orechiette with Grilled Sausage
Orechiette pasta gets tossed with grilled sausages and onions, along with Pecorino Romano cheese.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: grilling & stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 colored bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 ozs spicy Italian sausage
- 12 ozs orechiette
- ½ cup pecorino cheese
- ½ tsp marjoram
- 12 ozs orechiette or other short pasta shape
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat water to boil for pasta and preheat the grill.
- Toss the onion and pepper with 1 tablespoon of the olive, marjoram, salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the onion mixture into a grill pan, and place on the grill. Stir occasionally, grilling for about 10 minutes until the onions start to brown. Remove the grilled onions, and scrape into a plastic bowl. Toss with another tablespoon olive oil, and set aside.
- After you start the onions on the grill, place the sausages on the grill, cook for about 5 minutes then turn over and grill for about 5 more minutes until browned on both sides. I used pre-cooked sausage, but if you’re not using precooked, check to see the sausages have been cooked through. Remove from grill, and set aside to cool. Slice the sausages thinly after they have cooled a bit.
- Begin cooking the pasta according to package instructions once the sausages have started grilling. When cooked al dente, drain the pasta. Toss with the sliced sausages, grilled onion mixture and the remaining olive oil. Stir in the pecorino cheese. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: grilled sausage, orechiette