Orzo with Parsley Pesto, White Beans and Olives
Zesty parsley pesto along with sliced olives adds good flavor to orzo and white beans. Can be served as a vegetarian main or a side dish.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Pasta
- Method: stove top + food processor
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seed, lightly toasted
- 1 scallion, coarsely chopped
- 10 ozs orzo
- 12 olives, sliced
- 1/2 red or yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- handful of baby spinach or arugula
- 1 14.5 oz can cannellini or other white beans
- Start boiling water for the orzo.
- Make the pesto: add the garlic to a food processor, and hit puree to chop the garlic finely.
- Add the parsley, olive oil, cheese, pumpkin seed, and scallion. Puree until all the ingredients are combined into a good sauce. If needed, scrape the sides to get any parsley that didn’t get blended in and puree one more time. Set pesto aside while orzo cooks.
- Cook the orzo according to package instructions. Drain, and immediately toss with the parsley pesto.
- Stir in the beans, sliced olives, spinach or arugula, and the diced pepper.
- Serve the orzo, passing additional cheese at the table. Enjoy!
Keywords: parsley pesto, orzo with pesto