Roasted Red Pepper Dip with Fresh Herbs
Our Roasted Red Pepper Dip with fresh herbs and cream cheese has been a longtime family favorite. Lots of fresh savory flavory, this dip is good served on pita chips, wheat crackers or crostini.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: appetizer
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 7 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained — about 1 cup before chopping
- 8 ozs sundried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini, drained and stemmed
- 8 ozs cream cheese, softened
- 8 ozs feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- pinch of salt
- a few grinds of black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh parsley
- Soften the cream cheese: remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator 20 to 30 minutes before you plan to start making the dip so that it has time to soften.
- Mince the garlic and other veggies: Add the garlic to a food processor, pulse to mince. Add the roasted red peppers, sundried tomatoes and pepperoncini to the food processor. Blend until they are finely chopped.
- Add the cream cheese along with the feta cheese, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the herbs: With the motor running, gradually add the olive oil and blend until incorporated. Add the basil and parsley, pulse until finely chopped.
- Serve with pita chips, wheat crackers or crostini. You could also serve with raw veggies.
- This dip has a thicker consistency than some, which is why we recommend pita chips, wheat crackers or crostini for serving. You could try adding a bit extra olive oil if you wanted it less thick, but add the extra gradually so as not to overdo it.
- We originally used Worcestershire sauce instead of soy sauce in this recipe and you could do that again.
- Fresh basil can be harder to find in the winter. You could experiment with less basil and more parsley if only the small containers of basil are available at the store.
Keywords: red pepper dip, vegetarian appetizers, roasted red pepper dip with herbs, appetizer with Cab Franc