Tempeh and Kale Pasta
Tempeh and Kale are cooked together for a healthy and tasty vegetarian pasta recipe.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ colored bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch kale, thick stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 pack of tempeh, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ cup good parmesan, divided
- 6 olives, sliced
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (or use two fresh tomatoes, diced, if you have them)
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar.
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 12 ozs rigatoni or other short pasta shape
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the onion, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, cook for 3 more minutes. Add the garlic, cook for 1 more minute.
- Gradually stir the kale into the skillet. It will start cooking down enough to add more kale.
- Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Bring tomatoes to a simmer, then cover skillet.
- Begin cooking pasta according to package instructions as the kale and tomatoes cook.
- After the kale has cooked for 10 minutes, stir the tempeh into the skillet with the kale, along with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Cover and continue to cook for about 10 more minutes.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain it. Toss immediately with the remaining tablespoon olive oil and tempeh/kale mixture.
- Stir in the remaining cheese and the olives. Plate and serve. Enjoy!
Keywords: tempeh, tempeh pasta, kale pasta recipes