Chipotle Chicken and Black Beans
Chipotle Chicken and Black Beans have some good kick! Tasty and easy way to use extra cooked chicken. Served over rice.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Fusion
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 colored bell peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tsp adobo sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- rice for serving
- Heat the olive oil on medium in a large skillet. Add the onion, cook until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the bell peppers, cook for another few minutes, then add the garlic.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the skillet. Stir in the black beans.
- Add the chile, adobo sauce, cumin and allspice to the skillet. Stir well to coming.
- Simmer the beans and tomatoes with the spices for 5 minutes, then stir in the chicken.
- Cook for another 5 minutes to warm up the chicken. Stir occasionally to help combine the flavors.
- Serve the the chipotle chicken and black beans over rice, along with a white wine with a bit of sweetness and spice, such as a Gewürztraminer from Alsace.
Keywords: chipotle chicken, skillet recipes