Easy Sautéed Shrimp
Just four ingredients, but Easy Sautéed Shrimp has plenty of flavor. The simple soy and honey sauce is very kid friendly and pleases grownups too!
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: American
- 14 shrimp, raw (I buy them peeled and deveined)
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Combine the soy sauce, honey and olive oil in a bowl. Whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Rinse and pat dry the shrimp. Add to the soy marinade, toss to combine. Marinade the shrimp at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat with some oil spray. When the skillet is good and hot, and the shrimp along with the marinade.
- Sauté the shrimp by stirring occasionally. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on one side, then turn the shrimp over. Sauté another two minutes or so until the shrimp are cooked through. The tails turn reddish and sauce gets caramelized and coats the shrimp when they are done.
- Serve the shrimp alongside some favorite sides!
- I typically buy a large bag of frozen shrimp. You can move the portion you want to cook into a plastic bag in the morning, and let it defrost in the fridge. Or you can put that same bag in a bowl of warm water for about 30 minutes prior to cooking to quickly thaw.
- You can also use pre-cooked shrimp in this recipe. Just take about 2 minutes off the cooking time, as all you want to do is heat the shrimp and brown the outside a bit.
Keywords: easy shrimp, shrimp recipes, sautéed shrimp, kid friendly shrimp