Grilled Chipotle Pork Chops
Pork chops grilled with a with a simple chipotle sauce for a big flavored meal.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 22 mins
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: Tex Mex
- 3 pork chops, about 1 inch thick, rinsed and patted dry
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce plus 1 tsp of the adobo sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat a grill to 400 degrees.
- Add the the tomatoes, chipotle and adobo sauce, 1 tsp cumin, cinnamon and garlic clove to a food processor. Whir to puree the ingredients together.
- Scoop 3/4 of a cup of the chipotle mixture into a plastic bag. Add the pork chops to the bag, seal, and toss gently to coat the chops with the chipotle mixture. Reserve the remainder of the chipotle mixture.
- Let the pork chops marinate for about 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Remove the chops from the bag, shake the excess chipotle marinade off.
- Place the pork chops on the grill, and grill covered for for 6 minutes. Flip the pork chops over on the other side and grill covered for 5 more minutes. Check for doneness. The pork chops should be cooked through, a bit of pink is OK for a nice juicy pork chop. Remove to a platter if done, or cook for a couple more minutes to finish if needed.
- Let the grilled pork rest on a platter for a few minutes. Then plate the pork chops, and serve with about 1 tbsp of chipotle sauce spread over the chop. Pass additional chipotle sauce at the table for those who would like more. Enjoy!
- Note: only pass the reserved chipotle sauce that was not used to marinate the pork.
Keywords: grilled pork chops, chipotle pork chops