Grilled Swordfish Pasta Margherita
Grilled swordfish served with pasta featuring fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, inspired by the flavors of Campania.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: grilling & stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil, julienned
- 4 ozs mozzarella, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 16 ozs swordfish
- 12 ozs ziti or other short pasta shape
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the tomatoes, basil, olive oil, and garlic in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Start boiling water for pasta and cook according to package instructions as you get the swordfish grilling. It’s best to get the pasta done a bit before the swordfish.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain. Add most of the tomato to the cooked pasta, setting aside about 1/2 cup to top the swordfish.
- After stirring in the tomato mixture, stir in the mozzarella. Keep the pasta covered to keep warm as you finish grilling the swordfish.
- Start grilling the swordfish as the pasta cooks. Grill the swordfish with the grill covered for 6 minutes. Flip the fish to the other side, and brush the side now facing up with the orange juice. Grill another 6 minutes, and check for doneness. You want the fish to be just cooked through (all white) but still moist. This typically takes 12 to 15 minutes of total grilling time depending on the thickness of the fish. When the swordfish is done remove it to a platter.
- To serve, plate a scoop or two of the pasta. Place a portion of the swordfish on top of the pasta, then add a bit of the extra tomato mixture over the swordfish. Repeat for the other servings, and enjoy with a glass of Italian wine, preferably from Campania!
- Use the freshest tomatoes possible for this recipe!
- Start the pasta a few minutes before you start grilling the swordfish, so that the pasta is ready first.
Keywords: swordfish with pasta, grilled swordfish, fish and pasta recipes