Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs with Wine Pairings #winePW
Chicken thighs combined with a few simple ingredients for an easy make-ahead meal in the slow cooker. Plenty of flavor and kid-friendly!
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours 15 mins
- Total Time: 8 hours 25 mins
- Yield: 7 servings 1x
- Category: main
- Method: slow cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup mustard
- 8 ozs low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- salt to taste
- cooked rice or couscous for serving
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken thighs. Place the chicken in the slow cooker, and and sprinkle with a bit of salt.
- Combine the remaining ingredients–garlic, honey, mustard, broth and sauce–in a small bowl. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker, and cook on low for 8 hours.
- At the end of the 8 hour cooking time, use a slotted spoon to scoop out the chicken and place on a platter. Let the chicken cool for a few minutes.
- After the chicken has cooled enough to work with, use two forks to shred the chicken. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker, and stir to combine with the sauce.
- Let the shredded chicken rest in the sauce, with the slow cooker on the warm setting, for about 10 minutes prior to serving. This helps the flavors meld together.
- Plate a serving of rice or couscous. Using a slotted spoon, scoop a serving of chicken over the rice, and then top with a bit of the remaining sauce. Repeat for the additional servings. enjoy with a good glass of wine!
- Our 12 y.o. isn’t a big mustard fan so I used more honey than mustard. You could use a 1 to 1 ratio of honey to mustard if you like. I have also done just 1/4 cup mustard but that is a bit sweeter than I like.
Keywords: honey mustard chicken thighs, slow cooker chicken recipes, easy chicken recipes