Kale and Apple Salad with Cranberries
Thinly sliced kale soaks up a tasty dressing, tossed with crisp apples for a delicious, healthy salad.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- dash of mustard
Other salad ingredients
- 2 cups kale leaves, rinsed and well dried
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1/2 an apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp feta cheese (optional)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds, toasted
- Make the dressing: Combine the olive oil, maple syrup and cider vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk in the mustard, and set aside.
- Prep the kale: Rinse and thoroughly dry the kale. Thinly slice the kale, discarding the stems.
- Toss kale with dressing: Place the sliced kale in a salad bowl along with the cranberries. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and toss with 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Let the kale sit for 10 to 15 minutes to absorb the dressing and soften.
- Finish the salad: Add the feta cheese to the salad, if using, and toss with 1 more tablespoon of the dressing. Place the apple slices on top of the salad, and sprinkle with the seeds. Enjoy!
- You can use pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds; or use a combination as we did.
- Double the recipe if you want to use a whole apple.
- Apple slices go nicely with cheddar cheese if you want to serve that as an appetizer to use the other half of the apple.
Keywords: kale salad, kale and apple salad, kale recipes, kale and cranberries