Kale Pesto Pasta
Kale pesto pasta recipe — healthy kale combine with cheese, garlic and oil for healthy, robust flavor.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: stove top
- Cuisine: Italian
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 cups kale, rinsed and thick stems removed
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (or a tad more) grated pecorino romano or Parmigiano cheese
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted (see notes)
- generous pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ozs pasta — we like linguine or ziti with kale pesto
- chopped fresh tomatoes for topping (optional)
- Boil water: Begin boiling some water for pasta before you start making the pesto.
- Mince the garlic: Add the garlic to a food processor and mince.
- Add the kale to the food process, coarsely chopping to create enough room for the other ingredients.
- Add the remaining ingredients from the seeds through the olive oil, and puree until it comes to a nice smooth consistency.
- Drain the pasta when it is cooked to your liking. Toss the pasta with enough pesto to coat it.
- Plate the pasta, pass extra cheese and pesto at the table.
- You can use walnuts or pine nuts instead of pumpkin seeds, if you aren’t concerned about making a nut free dish.
- See how to make kale pesto above for more tips.
Keywords: kale pesto, pasta with pesto, kale recipes