Orzo with Spinach and White Beans
Orzo tossed with spinach, white beans and tomatoes for a pasta dish that can serve as a side or a vegetarian main.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: side dish
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 10 ozs orzo
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup diced tomatoes — fresh or canned, depending on season
- 6 olives, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 14.5 oz can of cannellini beans
- Begin boiling a pot of water for the orzo.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, and sauté until it begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pepper to the skillet, and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, cook for another minute until it become fragrant. Lower heat and cover skillet while the orzo cooks.
- Cook the orzo based on package instructions once the water starts boiling.
- When the orzo is cooked, drain and toss immediately with the remaining olive oil, the pepper and onion mixture, spinach and tomatoes. Stir over low heat to combine ingredients.
- Add the feta cheese, olives and parsley. Stir to combine, then serve.
Keywords: orzo recipes, orzo with spinach, orzo with beans