Pork Chops with Peach Salsa
Roasted pork chops topped with peach salsa makes for a delicious way to elevate a simple pork chop to a restaurant caliber meal.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: American
For the Salsa
- 1 ripe peach, diced
- 2 tbsp red onion, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp jalapeño pepper, minced
- juice from 1/2 of a lime
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp minced cilantro
- 1 ripe avocado, chopped into bite sized pieces
For the rub
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 3 boneless pork chops, about 1 inch thick (see notes)
- Make the salsa: Combine the chopped peach, onion, jalapeño, lime juice, salt and cilantro in a bowl. Set aside — or refrigerate if making ahead of time. Stir in the chopped avocado shortly before serving.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Make the rub: Combine the garlic, salt, ginger and allspice in a small bowl.
- Prep the pork: Rinse and pat dry the pork chops, and set them on a plate. Sprinkle enough rub to coat one side of the pork chops, and rub the mix into the meat. Turn the pork chops over, and repeat the rub process on the other side of the pork. Set the pork aside for about 10 minutes to let the flavors absorb.
- Brown the pork chops: Heat a large oven proof skillet on medium high heat. Coat with oil spray. Add the pork chops, and sear for two minutes to brown. Turn the chops over, cook for another minute, then move the chops to the oven.
- Roast the chops: Roast the pork chops for about 13 minutes, then remove from the oven to check for doneness. When done, let the pork chops rest for a few minutes on a platter.
- Serve the pork chops on a plate, topped with the salsa. Enjoy!
- Adjust the cooking time if your porks are much thinner or thicker than the 1 inch chops we used.
- You could grill the pork chops if you like. For 1 inch thick chops, grill on medium high for approximately 6 minutes per side.
- I have also made this recipe with a regular onion; using a lemon instead of lime, and without the cilantro. That came out pretty well, although the combination listed in the ingredients worked better.
Keywords: pork chops, peach avocado salsa, pork with peach salsa