Roasted Romanesco is a simple and flavorful vegetable side dish, tossed with garlic, olive oil and Parmigiano. Somewhat like a combination of broccoli and cauliflower.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 head Romanesco, chopped into small florets
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spread the chopped Romanesco in a shallow roasting pan. Toss with 2 tablespoon olive oil, garlic powder and salt.
- Place the Romanesco roasting pan into the oven. Roast for about 20 minutes, until browned on the outside and tender. The vegetable should be easily pierced with a fork when done.
- Toss the Roasted Romanesco with the remaining tablespoon olive and the cheese. Serve and enjoy as a side dish.
Keywords: Romanesco, roasted vegetables, roasted Romanesco, Romanesco broccoli