Sautéed Fiddlehead Ferns
Fiddlehead ferns are a sign spring has arrived. This simple sautéed fiddlehead fern recipe is an easy way to enjoy the foraged vegetable.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 16 mins
- Total Time: 21 mins
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: sauté
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- ½ lb fiddlehead ferns, rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp soy sauce
- Prep the fiddleheads: After rinsing, trim any brown ends from the fiddlehead ferns.
- Boil the fiddlehead ferns for 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly and set aside for a couple minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the garlic, and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Sauté: Add the fiddlehead ferns to the skillet. Sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring in the soy sauce close to the end of the 5 minutes. The fiddlehead ferns are ready to serve with the rest of your meal.
- Trim the brown ends off the fiddlehead ferns before cooking.
- Fiddleheads should be boiled before sautéeing.
Keywords: fiddlehead ferns, sautéed fiddleheads