Spinach and Pear Salad
Ripe pears add great fruit flavor to a basic spinach salad. We add a touch of spice to the simple dressing for a salad that might steal the show at your dinner table!
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: salad
- Method: salad
- Cuisine: American
For the vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp champagne vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garam masala spice blend
Other salad ingredients
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 ripe pear, thinly sliced into bite sized pieces
- 2 to 3 tbsp shredded Gruyere cheese
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- Make the vinaigrette dressing: combine the olive oil, honey, vinegar and garam masala in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place the spinach in a large salad bowl.
- Spoon the vinaigrette over the spinach. Toss to coat the spinach thoroughly with the dressing.
- Spread the pear slices over the top of the spinach. Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds and shredded Gruyere cheese over the top of the salad, and serve.
- This is a good recipe to make if your pears have suddenly gotten a bit overripe. If you’ve got some brown spots on an overripe pear, just cut those brown spots out and use the good fruit.
- Garam masala is an Indian spice blend. If you don’t have it on hand, you could substitute a mix of curry powder and cinnamon, two of the main ingredients in garam masala. I would do a 2 parts curry to 1 cinnamon ratio.
Keywords: spinach salad, pear recipes, spinach and pear salad