Tilapia with Mango Salsa and a Rosé
Roasted tilapia topped with a fresh mango salsa bursting with flavor. Easy to make healthy recipe.
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: main
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: fusion
- 3 tilapia fillets, about 4 ozs each
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
For the mango salsa
- 1 ½ cups chopped mangoes (2 mangoes)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees convection setting or 425 degrees conventional.
- Place the olive oil in a large bowl and add the salt.
- Rinse and pat dry the tilapia fillets. Place the tilapia in the bowl with the olive oil, turning over to coat the fillets with the olive oil.
- When the oven is preheated, place the tilapia fillets in a baking dish. Bake for approximately 18 minutes.
- As the tilapia roasts, make the mango salsa. In a medium sized bowl, combine the chopped mango minced garlic and jalapeño pepper. Stir in the cilantro.
- Add the fresh squeeze lime juice to the salsa just prior to serving, and gently stir to combine. Set the salsa aside while the fish finishes cooking.
- After 18 minutes of roasting, check the tilapia for doneness. It should be cooked through and flake easily. The tilapia is likely done or needs just a few more minutes in the oven at this point.
- When the tilapia is ready, plate a fillet for each person, topping with a generous scoop of mango salsa. Enjoy!
Keywords: roasted tilapia recipes, tilapia with mango salsa