Last Updated on
Tilapia with Mango Salsa recipe is easy to make with plenty of flavor and nutrition! This dish is excellent paired with a French rosé. We roasted the tilapia for this recipe, but include an option for grilling the fish in the notes at the end of the recipe.
Tilapia topped with mango salsa is an easy to make, flavorful recipe. If you are looking to add another fish recipe to your repertoire, this is one to try soon!
While I don’t have tilapia as much as some other fish such as salmon, I do get tilapia with some regularity. Tilapia is good roasted as we do in this recipe, but tilapia can also hold up pretty well on the grill even though it is lighter than say swordfish.
Tilapia is a fresh water fish most commonly available through fish farms. There a some questions about how healthy tilapia is, covered in this Healthline article, but my take is that in moderation tilapia can be a healthy source of protein. We get our tilapia at Whole Foods which maintains strict standards for fish farms from which it sources tilapia and other seafood.
Wine pairing for Tilapia with Mango Salsa
I definitely thought a rosé would be a good match for this tilapia. We went with the 2017 Figuière Saint André Rosé ($14, 12.5% ABV), which is from a vineyard located between Nice and Marseilles. The melon fruit and kiwi on the palate make it a good pairing for the mango salsa. We enjoyed this rosé recently with tilapia topped with mango salsa. This wine has quickly become a go-to rosé for us. Made from an equal blend of Grenache, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cinsault and Syrah.
The Bastide Des Deux Lunes is another good Provence rosé that we tried recently, that I suspect would be a good wine pairing for this tilapia with mango salsa
What else to serve with mango salsa?
So you’ve made this tilapia with mango salsa recipe, and have a bit left over? Or maybe you love the mango salsa and want to try it with some other foods. Here are some other ways we have enjoyed the mango salsa:
- Grilled Salmon with Mango Salsa
- Bean Tacos with Mango Salsa — or use the mango salsa in a taco creation! Definitely a good option for fish tacos.
- Mango salsa is a nice topping for grilled or baked chicken.
- Grilled Halibut with Mango Salsa – you might be seeing a pattern, our mango salsa is good with fish!
Please let me know in the comments if you find another good use for the mango salsa!Print
Tilapia with Mango Salsa and a Rosé
Roasted tilapia topped with a fresh mango salsa bursting with flavor. Easy to make healthy recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: main
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: fusion
- 3 tilapia fillets, about 4 ozs each
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt
For the mango salsa
- 1 ½ cups chopped mangoes (2 mangoes)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees convection setting or 425 degrees conventional.
- Place the olive oil in a large bowl and add the salt.
- Rinse and pat dry the tilapia fillets. Place the tilapia in the bowl with the olive oil, turning over to coat the fillets with the olive oil.
- When the oven is preheated, place the tilapia fillets in a baking dish. Bake for approximately 18 minutes.
- As the tilapia roasts, make the mango salsa. In a medium sized bowl, combine the chopped mango minced garlic and jalapeño pepper. Stir in the cilantro.
- Add the fresh squeeze lime juice to the salsa just prior to serving, and gently stir to combine. Set the salsa aside while the fish finishes cooking.
- After 18 minutes of roasting, check the tilapia for doneness. It should be cooked through and flake easily. The tilapia is likely done or needs just a few more minutes in the oven at this point.
- When the tilapia is ready, plate a fillet for each person, topping with a generous scoop of mango salsa. Enjoy!
- You can also grill the tilapia instead of roasting it. Tilapia takes about 3 to 4 minutes per side on a grill heated to medium high. You can get more tips for grilling tilapia in this article.
Keywords: roasted tilapia recipes, tilapia with mango salsa