Simple Guacamole recipe can be whipped up quickly for your next gathering!
- Author: Cooking Chat
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 avocados
- 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tbsp finely diced onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- healthy pinch cayenne
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Slice the avocados in half. Remove the pit, then scoop the flesh into a bowl, reserving the peel for serving.
- Mash the avocado with a fork, then stir it a bit. Stir in the garlic and onions.
- Add the cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir again.
- Add the lime juice and olive oil. Stir vigorously to get everything well combined and to achieve a nice fairly smooth consistency (though you’ll want to leave some nice chunks of avocado).
- Scoop the guacamole into the reserved peel to serve along with tortilla chips. Serve with a moderately sweet Riesling if you are so inclined!
- I often reduce this recipe by half for two of us, using one avocado.
Keywords: guacamole, guacamole wine pairing