Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip combines artichokes, tarragon, garlic and roasted broccoli for a flavorful dip that is easy to make. Serve with a hoppy beer or Chardonnay for the next big game or gathering!
OK, I have to admit, at this moment I’m not too excited about this year’s Super Bowl. The way the Patriots rolled against Kansas City, I thought we would be watching try for another title on Super Sunday. Alas, it’s not their year. By Super Sunday I will be ready to watch the game, and cheer on Carolina. Sorry Denver fans, but if Brady and the Pats can’t be there, I can’t pull for our AFC rivals!
Without our local team in the big game, the food will even more central to the day for us. In fact, our hosts have already texted us the menu! We will see if there is a place for this Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip in the lineup. I made it for the first time to enjoy while watching the AFC Championship game. The broccoli artichoke dip was a hit–the tarragon and artichoke combine very nicely, and roasted broccoli gives it a bit of a nutty quality to it. But after the tough loss last week, foods served that day might not be invited to the next party!
This Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip is easy to make. You can get the other ingredients together while the broccoli roasts, then then puree all the ingredients together in a food processor (including an Amazon link to the kitchen workhorse we use in case you need one!). I served this with pita chips, and that was a tasty combination. You can certainly use raw veggies for a healthy choice too. Speaking of healthy, I recommend the low fat cream cheese for this broccoli artichoke dip to make it a bit lighter.
Pairings for Broccoli Artichoke Dip: We enjoyed a Chardonnay with an earlier version of this dip, so that is a good pairing if you want wine. Most recently, we had this broccoli artichoke dip with a hoppy, IPA style beer, and that was a good combination as well.
Other favorite dips: A long list of great Super Bowl food from the Sunday Supper bloggers follows our recipe. But let me mention two other favorite dips from Cooking Chat as well, so you have plenty of choices. The Super Easy Spicy Green Onion Dip is always a huge hit and takes about 10 minutes to make. Muhammara Spicy Red Pepper Dip has great flavor, and is dairy-free, making it a nice option for a crowd that is likely to include someone that needs to avoid dairy.
- 2 stalks of broccoli florets, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, divided
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 8 ozs low fat cream cheese, left out of fridge for about 30 minutes to soften
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon or ½ tsp dried
- ½ tsp parsley
- ½ tsp cumin
- pinch of paprika
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- pita chips for serving
- Preheat oven to 400. Mince one of the garlic cloves.
- In a roasting pan, toss the broccoli florets with the olive oil and minced garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the broccoli in the oven, and roast for about 20 minutes, until the broccoli has begun to brown and softened a bit. Remove from oven when done and set aside to cool.
- Set up a food processor with a chopping blade. Add the broccoli, scallion and artichokes to the food processor. Whir to chop the vegetables.
- Add the cream cheese and sour cream to the food processor, and puree until the cream cheese has combined with the other ingredients. Add an additional tablespoon olive oil if needed to get an even consistency.
- Remove food processor cover, stir in any vegetables stuck to the side of the processor. Add the tarragon, parsley, cumin, paprika, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Puree to incorporate these additional ingredients.
- Scoop the dip out of the food processor and place in a serving bowl. Serve with pita chips or raw vegetables.
Be sure to check out all the tasty Super Bowl recipes from the Sunday Supper bloggers!
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Rolls by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cajun Okra Fries by Food Lust People Love
- Cheddar Sausage Balls by Tramplingrose
- Cheese Board and Baguettes Make for the Start of a Great Game Day Feast by Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Crabmeat Canapés by Meal Planning Magic
- Cheesy Sausage Dip by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by Sweet Mornings
- Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Corn Dog Muffins by Noshing With The Nolands
- Crock-Pot Bean Dip by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Deep Fried Pimento Cheese and Celery Bites by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Dill Pickle Dip by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fish Taquitos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings by Flippin’ Delicious
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe by Real Food Real Deals
- Hogs in a blanket by Cooking on the Ranch
- Hot Pork Roll and Cheese Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Nacho Waffle Fries by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Patatas Pobres for a Crowd by Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites by Family Foodie
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Rajas by Pook’s Pantry
- Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Thai Wings by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Smoky Blender Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Southwestern Eggroll Cups by A Gouda Life
- Southwestern Flatbread and a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Palatable Pastime
- Sweet and Spicy Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Texas Caviar by Books n’ Cooks
- Tex-Mex Egg Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Thai Beef Taco Bites by Brunch-n-Bites
- Three Cheese Macaroni Bites by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Tangy Warm Cabbage Slaw by Taste And See
- Buffalo Chicken Chili by Monica’s Table
- Cheeseburger Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesy Cheesesteaks by Family Around The Table
- Emeril’s Chicken and Andouille Gumbo by The Texan New Yorker
- Game Day Chili by Our Good Life
- Handy Beef Buns by Get the Good Stuff
- Lahmacun – Turkish flatbread by Caroline’s Cooking
- New Jersey Sloppy Joe by kimchi MOM
- Pizza Pasta Bake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Italiano Sandwich by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Garlic Roast Pork) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Cheese Bombers by Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
Desserts and Drinks
- Chocolate Football Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix by Pies and Plots
- Game Day Mocktails by Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Football Potato Candy by Gluten Free Crumbley
- S’more Poutine by Desserts Required
- Super Duper Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Only Taste Matters
- Plus Big Game Party Recipes plus Sausage and Peppers Over Cheesy Grits by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.