This healthy Arugula Salad with Maple Vinaigrette recipe has a delicious combination of peppery greens and dressing with a touch of sweetness from the maple syrup. Our contribution to today’s Sunday Supper Winter Salads event. Click here to jump down to the recipe.
When I heard the #SundaySupper group was going to focus on winter salads today, I knew I’d need to share a recipe. I have a knack for making salads that have been taking seconds and asking, “What’s in this salad?”.
Today I’m sharing Arugula Salad with Maple Vinaigrette. The sweetness of maple syrup in the vinaigrette is a nice contrast to the pepperiness of the arugula. I also added a bit of radicchio, which has a bitter quality to it that also gets picked up by the maple vinaigrette. I always like to add a bit of cheese to my salads, and top it off with some toasted pumpkin seeds for some crunch. Both of those tasty items are part of this arugula salad with maple vinaigrette recipe.
When I’m ordering salad out somewhere, I like to order the dressing on the side, as otherwise the greens can get doused with too much dressing. However, when making salad at home, I like to toss the salad with just enough dressing so that the greens are consistently covered. Making a fresh, homemade dressing and then making sure ever leaf in the salad has a bit of that good taste is definitely one reason people love my salads!
I’m not sure if there’s a strict definition of winter salads, but I thought this Arugula Salad with Maple Vinaigrette qualified for a few reasons. The baby arugula I use for this is available fresh in ready to use packs pretty consistently throughout the winter, so it strikes me as being less tied to the spring or summer season than some salads. Plus I associate maple syrup with colder winter days, perhaps because it can top waffles or pancakes for a comforting breakfast. And next month the maple trees around here will be producing the sap again that gets turned into syrup.
Another reason to make this arugula salad is that the tasty little green packs a lot of nutrition! I learned while researching for my Collards & Kale Cookbook that arugula provides a lot of vitamins and minerals. If you want to try an arugula salad with a different flavor, try my Tuscan Arugula Salad.
This salad is pretty easy to put together. I wrote the recipe to serve three, but it is easily scaled up to serve more. Give our Arugula Salad with Maple Vinaigrette a try, and I suspect your family will want to know what’s in it, too!Print
Arugula Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
Sweet maple vinaigrette provides a nice contrast to the peppery arugula salad greens and radicchio.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: toss
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- pepper to taste
- 3 ozs baby arugula
- ½ head of radicchio, chopped into thin slices
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Make the vinaigrette: combine the syrup, olive oil, soy sauce and vinegar in bowl.
- Whisk in the mustard. Add pepper to taste. Set aside to toss with the arugula salad.
- Add the arugula to a large salad bowl, then add the radicchio and bell pepper.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the sald.
- Gradually pour the maple vinaigrette over the greens. Toss to coast the leaves thoroughly with the dressing.
- Sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top of the salad. Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: arugula salad, maple vinaigrette, arugula salad with vinaigrette
Check out all the #SundaySupper Winter Salads
- Amish Ham Salad from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Arugula, Butternut & White Bean Salad with Maple Vinaigrette from Pook’s Pantry
- Arugula Salad with Maple Vinaigrette from Cooking Chat (you are here!)
- Beet Terrine from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Blood Orange and Salmon Salad with Blood Orange Vinaigrette from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Blood Orange, Beet, and Apple Salad with Goat Cheese and Citrus Honey Vinaigrette from Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Blue Cheese and Pear Salad from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Breakfast Salad from Our Good Life
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with White Bean Dressing and Pecan Crisps from Beauty and the Beets
- Chill Chasing Matchstick Vegetable Pasta Salad from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chopped Salad with Roasted Root Vegetables and Bacon from MyGourmetConnection
- Citrus Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cobb Salad from Palatable Pastime
- Colorful Veggie Filled Quinoa with a Ginger-Lemon Dressing from Positively Stacy
- Crunchy Beet & Arugula Salad from The Crumby Cupcake
- Escarole and Roasted Broccoli Salad with Anchovy Dressing from The Texan New Yorker
- Farro Salad with Roasted Squash, Radicchio and Lemon-Tahini Dressing from Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Chicken Salad from Real Food Real Deals
- Hot German Hot Noodle Salad from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Kale Salad with Lemony Tahini Dressing from My Life Cookbook
- Lemony Couscous Lentil Salad from Magnolia Days
- Low-Carb Spinach Breakfast Salad from Life Tastes Good
- Mandarin Tossed Salad from Meal Planning Magic
- Orange and Walnut Baby Spinach Salad w/ Quinoa and Citrus Vinaigrette from The Freshman Cook
- Quinoa Salad with Apples, Pecans and Dried Cranberries from The Chef Next Door
- Radicchio Pear Walnut Salad from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Butternut Squash Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Roasted Butternut Squash Pearl Couscous Salad from Mysavoryspoon
- Roasted Savoy Cabbage Slaw with Spicy Bacon Dressing from Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Squash and Cabbage Salad with Crispy Chick Peas from Monica’s Table
- Shredded Beet Salad from Wholistic Woman
- Simple Arugula, Fennel and Leek Salad with Citrus from Simply Healthy Family
- Simple Spinach Cobb Salad With Lardons from And She Cooks
- Spinach Citrus Salad with Grapefruit Vinaigrette from From Gate to Plate
- Warm Balsamic Steak Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing from Momma’s Meals
- Warm Cabbage Salad with Bacon and Goat Cheese from Nik Snacks
- Warm Cauliflower Spinach Salad with Pancetta from Taste and See
- Warm Potato and Broccoli Buffalo Salad from Sweet Mornings
- Warm Potato Salad with Arugula, Bacon and Brown Butter from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Warm Steak Tomato and Mozzarella Salad from Family Foodie
- Wilted Lettuce Salad from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Winter BLT Panzanella Salad from Hardly a Goddess
- Winter Citrus and Endive Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Winter Fruit Salad from Pies and Plots
- Winter Kale and Wild Rice Salad from Moore or Less Cooking
- Winter Salad with Blood Orange Vinaigrette from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Winter Salad with Fennel, Apple, Goat Cheese and Radishes from Delaware Girl Eats
- Winter Squash Quinoa Salad from Kitchen Gidget
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Wild Rice Salad plus more Winter Salad Recipes #SundaySupper from Sunday Supper Movement