Last Updated on
A simple marinade yields juicy, flavorful chops in this Easy Cilantro Lime Pork Chops recipe. Read on for details, or or click here to jump down to the recipe.
I originally published this Easy Cilantro Lime Pork chops recipe back in 2010. I came up with this when looking for a very simple meal to make in the hotel suite kitchen where we were staying in Yankton, South Dakota.
There was very limited cooking equipment in this hotel kitchen, so I needed to come up with something very uncomplicated. With just a few easy ingredients, this cilantro lime marinade adds a lot of flavor, resulting in a nice juicy pork chop.
Speaking of easy pork chop recipes our son loves, if you’re in the mood for grilling your pork chops, you’ve got to try our Heaven Sent Grilled Pork Chops recipe! Looking for a pork chops recipe more suited to adult palates? Our new Garlic Mushroom Pork Chops with QuinoaGarlic Mushroom Pork Chops with Quinoa, paired with a Cahors Malbec.
When I originally made this Easy Cilantro Lime Pork Chops recipe, the chops I had were so thin I cooked the pork entirely on the stove top. This time, the chops were a bit thicker, between 1/2 and 3/4 of an inch. Still “thin” relative to the thick cut I usually buy, but thick enough they needed to get finished with about 5 minutes in the oven.
Pairings for Cilantro Lime Pork Chops
Easy Cilantro Lime Pork Chops
An easy cilantro lime marinade make for a juicy and flavorful pork chop.
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American
- 4 thin pork chops, about ½ inch thick, total of about 1 lb
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2+ tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven.
- Make the marinade: combine the lime juice, cilantro, garlic, salt and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Place the pork chops in a large plastic bag, pour the marinade into the bag to cover. Close the bag, shake it up to coat the pork. Marinade in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Remove pork chops from the fridge 10 minutes prior to cooking.
- Coat a large, oven proof skillet with oil spray and heat on medium high. Shake the excess marinade from the pork chops, and place the chops in the skillet. Sear the pork chops for 2 minutes, then turn over to sear for another two minute.
- Move the pork chops to the oven to finish cooking the meat. Roast for about 5 minutes and check for doneness. Cooked pork should be 145 degrees. 5 minutes was just right for us, but return the pork to the oven for a couple more minutes if needed.
- When the pork is cooked to 145 degrees, let the pork rest for a few minutes before serving.
Keywords: cilantro lime pork chops, easy pork chop recipes, cilantro pork recipe
Easy Recipes for Pork Chops from Sunday Supper
- Braised Orange Tomato Pork Chops by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Braised Pork Chops with Country Gravy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Breakfast Chops by Palatable Pastime
- Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops by My Sweet Savings
- Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with Apricot Ginger Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Cider Braised Pork Chops with Apple and Rutabaga by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Apple Pork Chops by Savory Experiments
- Easy Cilantro Lime Pork Chops by Cooking Chat you are here!
- Easy One Pan Oven Roasted Pork Chops by Pies and Plots
- Easy Oven Baked & Breaded Pork Chops by Hardly A Goddess
- Fontina Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Fried Pork Chops by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Grilled Boneless Pork Chops with Broccoli Rabe by Simple and Savory
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Strawberry Balsamic Glaze by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Indian-Spiced Pork Chop Potato Skillet by Sunday Supper Movement
- Japanese-Style Pork Chops Tonkatsu by Asian In America
- Mom’s Cornflake Pork Chops by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mushroom Smothered Pork Chops over Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
And More Pork Chops
- One Pan Pesto Pork Chops by Cricket’s Confections
- Pork & Peppers Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Pork Chops Dijonnaise by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pork Chops with Dirty Rice by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pork Chops, Peperoncini and Potatoes by Tramplingrose
- Prosciutto Wrapped Brie and Onion Stuffed Pork Chops by The Freshman Cook
- Quick Brine Pork Chops with Brown Sugar Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Quick Easy Maple Glazed Pork Chops by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Skillet Tuscan Pork Chops by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops by Big Bear’s Wife
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Maple-Glazed Pork Chops with Jalapeno Cheese Grits by The Weekend Gourmet
- Vietnamese Grilled Pork Chop by Brunch-n-Bites
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.