A simple marinade yields juicy, flavorful chops in this Easy Cilantro Lime Pork Chops recipe. Read on for details, or or click here to jump down to the recipe.
I originally published this Easy Cilantro Lime Pork chops recipe back in 2010. I came up with this when looking for a very simple meal to make in the hotel suite kitchen where we were staying in Yankton, South Dakota.
There was very limited cooking equipment in this hotel kitchen, so I needed to come up with something very uncomplicated. With just a few easy ingredients, this cilantro lime marinade adds a lot of flavor, resulting in a nice juicy pork chop.
Speaking of easy pork chop recipes our son loves, if you’re in the mood for grilling your pork chops, you’ve got to try our Heaven Sent Grilled Pork Chops recipe! Looking for a pork chops recipe more suited to adult palates? Our new Garlic Mushroom Pork Chops with Quinoa Garlic Mushroom Pork Chops with Quinoa, paired with a Cahors Malbec.
When I originally made this Easy Cilantro Lime Pork Chops recipe, the chops I had were so thin I cooked the pork entirely on the stove top. This time, the chops were a bit thicker, between ½ and ¾ of an inch. Still “thin” relative to the thick cut I usually buy, but thick enough they needed to get finished with about 5 minutes in the oven.
Pairings for Cilantro Lime Pork Chops
Easy Cilantro Lime Pork Chops
An easy cilantro lime marinade make for a juicy and flavorful pork chop.
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: American
- 4 thin pork chops, about ½ inch thick, total of about 1 lb
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2+ tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven.
- Make the marinade: combine the lime juice, cilantro, garlic, salt and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Place the pork chops in a large plastic bag, pour the marinade into the bag to cover. Close the bag, shake it up to coat the pork. Marinade in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Remove pork chops from the fridge 10 minutes prior to cooking.
- Coat a large, oven proof skillet with oil spray and heat on medium high. Shake the excess marinade from the pork chops, and place the chops in the skillet. Sear the pork chops for 2 minutes, then turn over to sear for another two minute.
- Move the pork chops to the oven to finish cooking the meat. Roast for about 5 minutes and check for doneness. Cooked pork should be 145 degrees. 5 minutes was just right for us, but return the pork to the oven for a couple more minutes if needed.
- When the pork is cooked to 145 degrees, let the pork rest for a few minutes before serving.
Keywords: cilantro lime pork chops, easy pork chop recipes, cilantro pork recipe