Cucumber Radish Salad tossed with an easy maple vinaigrette recipe for a tasty and healthy crunch. A good side dish for curry or other spicy food.
This cucumber radish salad was originally inspired by what I had from the week’s community supported agriculture (CSA) share for a week back in 2011. I don’t grab radishes at the store a lot, but when they started rolling in frequently through the CSA I needed to find more uses for them.
Radishes add nice crunch and flavor to any salad, and they work well with cucumber. I also used some tomatoes in the original version of our cucumber radish salad, but I don’t feature tomatoes in salads very often this time of year. Go ahead and add some if you come across this cucumber radish salad recipe when good summer tomatoes are available.
I used this maple mustard vinaigrette recipe when I first made this cucumber radish salad. I’ve tweaked the ingredients over time, making it one of my go-to dressings. It is also great with bitter greens, as in this arugula salad.
My recipe below calls for a bit of feta cheese; I have also made the cucumber radish salad with goat cheese and that also works well.
This salad is good served along with a curry or other spicy food.
Cucumber Radish Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
Cucumber and radish tossed with maple vinaigrette and feta cheese for a tasty change of pace salad.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- FOR THE VINAIGRETTE
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cucumber
- 2 radishes, sliced
- ½ of a red or orange bell pepper, chopped into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk together to incorporate the mustard into the syrup and olive oil. Set aside.
- Slice the cucumber in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into thin semi-circles. Add the cucumber to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the radish slices, bell pepper and feta cheese to the bowl with the cucumber. Stir to combine.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the dressing to the cucumber radish salad. Toss to combine. Add additional dressing if needed to get the vegetables coated with the vinaigrette. Reserve an extra dressing for future use.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds over the salad. Plate the salad and enjoy!
[…] GET THE RECIPE […]