Asian Greens with Pan Seared Salmon is loaded with nutrition and good flavor. You can easily get this meal on the table in under 15 minutes! Greens were provided to me as a complimentary sample. Read on for more details and our wine pairing, or click here to jump down to the recipe.
I have a lot of greens in my fridge now. I had even more a few days ago, but I’ve gotten busy coming up with tasty new recipes like this Asian Greens with Pan Seared Salmon!
I’ve been cooking these greens with bacon for a pasta dish, making kale pesto, and tossing some basic salads. I was ready for something different.
I was wondering what to do with the EnerCHI Asian Salad that I had on hand. Then it occurred to me that these greens would go nicely with the simple Pan Seared Salmon that is a go-to meal in our house. This salmon gets quickly cooked with a ginger soy marinade, giving it an Asian accent that promised to work with the greens. You can grab the Pan Seared Salmon recipe on this older Cooking Chat post, here I’ll focus on how I prepared the greens and served them with the salmon.
You can vary the dressing a bit to suit your taste. The key elements are some soy sauce, brown rice vinegar and brown sugar (which offsets the slight bitterness of the greens). Get the dressing ready, then toss it with the greens as the salmon cooks (which takes under 10 minutes). This is a simple yet elegant weeknight meal, with the salmon handsomely served along with the nicely dressed Asian greens! Especially nice when you serve it with a good bottle of wine, which we need to mention before getting onto the recipe details….
Wine Pairing: We went with the 2010 Robledo Pinot Blanc from Lake County, California. I tasted pear fruit along with a hint of sweetness, which made a nice contrast to the bitter greens and salty element of the dressing. It also had enough body to match well with the meaty salmon. A winning pairing for Asian Greens with Pan Seared Salmon!
Asian Greens with Pan Seared Salmon
Asian greens get tossed with a simple, tasty dressing, and served with pan seared salmon for a healthy meal.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Asian
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- ½ tsp dried ginger
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp brown rice vinegar
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 heaping teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 ozs mixed Asian salad greens (see post text for details)
- ½ yellow or red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 16 ozs pan seared salmon
- Make the dressing by whisking the ingredients from the olive oil through the mustard together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Toss the salad greens together with 4 tablespoons of the dressing you just made.
- Top the greens with the sliced bell pepper.
- Plate the greens, then serve a portion of pan seared salmon on top of the greens.
- Pass the extra dressing at the table so people can add a bit more to their greens and/or salmon if they wish. Enjoy!
Looking for more good salmon recipes? Check out our 15+ Best Healthy Salmon Recipes roundup.
Full Disclosure: I received a complimentary package of the EnerCHI Asian Greens. The recipe and opinions are entirely my own.