Spanish Roasted Potatoes are easy to make! Just toss fingerling potatoes with olive oil, paprika and garlic in a baking dish, then roast. Enjoy this side dish recipe with with beef or lamb dishes.
We were in Spanish mode earlier this month, sampling wines from the Navarra region. I was looking for a side with some Spanish flavor to go with our Steak with Manchego Mushroom Sauce, and cooked up these Spanish Roasted Potatoes.
Some roasted potatoes can be rather bland, but our Spanish Roasted Potatoes has some nice spice provided by the paprika and garlic.
Preparing this recipe as instructed yields moderately spicy potatoes. You could definitely add a bit more of the spice if you want more kick. I didn’t want to overwhelm our wine.
These roasted potatoes are easy to prepare. Just some small fingerling potatoes in half, toss with the olive oil and spices, and they are ready to roast. Stirring the potatoes a couple times during the cooking helps them cook evenly.
Enjoy served along a beef or lamb dish. One night we had some extra, so I added the leftover Spanish Roasted Potatoes to a batch of Easy Black Bean Turkey Chili toward the end of cooking the chili, and that added nice substance to the meal.
Please let me know if you try these Spanish Roasted Potatoes, and how you served them!Print
Spanish Roasted Potatoes
Spanish roasted potatoes are an easy side dish flavored with paprika and garlic.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: side dish
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: Spanish
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes, sliced in half
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- With a large spoon, toss the potatoes with the olive oil. Sprinkle the paprika, rosemary, garlic and salt over the potatoes. Toss to combine.
- Place the potatoes in the oven. Remove the potatoes to stir after 10 minutes and 25 minutes of roasting. Roast for a total of 40 to 45 minutes. When done the potatoes should begin to get a bit crispy on the outside and easily pierced with a fork. Enjoy as a side with beef and other meat dishes.
- Use fingerling potatoes or other small potato varieties. We like to use a bag of multicolored potatoes for a nice presentation.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. The quantities given result in a fairly mild paprika and garlic flavor.
These are soooo cute and I just love the addition of rosemary! Yum!!!
Edyta at Innocent Delight
I love easy potatoes recipes. This sounds really nice with the addition of paprika and garlic. I will be making them soon 🙂
Hope you like them!
I am a real fan of Sanish flavours and your potatoes sound delicious! I’m going to Spain on holiday next month and this has really made me look forward to all the food I’ll be eating!
I’d love to go to Spain, such a great destination for foodies!
gimme anything with spanish flavors! love how simple these potatoes are
Paprika is one of my favorite spices – I use it in a lot of recipes. Smoked or sweet. So I would definitely enjoy these potatoes!
Thanks Jill, I need to use paprika a bit ore than I do, it is flavorful!